Sewing this blanket was the big project over my Christmas break. I found this flannel at Jo-Ann Fabrics when Keturah and I were shopping after Thanksgiving. I’d been wishing for a flannel blanket for a while. Of course, when it’s only $2.00 a yard you must buy some, right? 🙂
I wasn’t sure what pattern I was going to use, so I ended up having to do some creative piecing. I later bought the solid peach at another store and tea dyed it. That really helped pull out the floral colors. And tea dying was necessary to turn the peach from a baby peach to the vintage peach I was hoping for.
I nearly despaired when I was doing the last of the sewing. The blanket looked bunchy and the edges of the fabric were uneven. Keturah assured me it would look better after it was washed. It sure did! Because I used triangles instead of squares I had to cut out some of the thick seams where eight corners came together.
I think it’s surprisingly warm and heavy considering it’s only two layers of fabric. It turned out to be the perfect size and it’s wonderfully cozy. I’m quite happy with the results!